Since moving to a new catalog back in early 2019, we haven't had a way for library users to easily search the catalog and manage their account from their smartphone.
That changes today with myLIBRO, the new mobile app for MGPL patrons! Read on to learn more about the app's features and how to get started.
Search the catalog
You can search the catalogs of MGPL and all other CCS libraries, narrow by material type, and place holds on items.
View your account
Use the app's voice-enabled "virtual assistant" text chat interface to see your checkouts, holds, due dates, and items ready for pickup.
Schedule curbside pickup
When your holds are ready for pickup, you can schedule an appointment within the app. (See our Curbside Pickup page for more info.)
Manage multiple cards
Add multiple cards to your profile to manage the accounts of your children, spouse, or other loved ones.
- Select "Morton Grove Public Library"
- Enter your library card number.
- Enter your library PIN (the same password you use to check your account)
- Tap "Sign In"
Once signed in:
- Tap the three vertical lines in the top left-hand corner to see menu options such as Settings and Quick Tour
- From the menu select Profile to display your library card as a scannable barcode
- Search the catalog using Search or My Account (see your checkouts and holds in My Account only)
We hope you find myLIBRO a helpful addition to the library's digital tools. If you have questions about it, you can check out our Library App page for tutorial videos or let us know at email@example.com, 847-965-4220, or via website chat.
Chad Comello is the Marketing & Engagement Manager at Morton Grove Public Library.