The Morton Grove Public Library is an integral part of our community, and it's important that we keep you informed of steps we are taking to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Effective Friday, March 13 through Sunday, April 5, Morton Grove Public Library is doing the following:
- Cancelling all programs, both library-sponsored and by outside groups
- Suspending all outreach activity
- Suspending the volunteer program
- Suspending the acceptance of donated materials
- Removing toys from the Youth Services department
- Rearranging and removing furniture to create social distancing
- Taking some computers out of service in both the Computer Room and the Youth Services Department to create social distancing
- Stocking study rooms with wipes in addition to the hand sanitizer currently located in each room
In addition, we are taking the following measures:
- Our Facilities Department and cleaning service have increased the frequency of surface disinfection using medical-grade disinfectant throughout the building.
- Hand sanitizers and wipes are available at all public service desks throughout the Library.
- Informational signage provided by the Centers for Disease Control has been placed throughout the Library reminding people to practice respiratory and hand hygiene.
- We are continually monitoring news of COVID-19 locally and are prepared to modify services and programs as needed. Any changes to services and programs will be announced on our website MGPL.org and social media accounts.
- We follow the guidance of the Centers for Disease Control, the Illinois Department of Public Health, the Cook County Department of Public Health, and/or other appropriate public health authorities.
- To help promote community health and to keep you informed about important health information, we have compiled a list of reliable and regularly updated resources that answer frequently asked questions about COVID-19.
Finally, we ask you to take steps to protect yourself and others:
- Stay home if you are sick. If you or a family member is not feeling well, you can download and stream thousands of books, movies, music and more from home for free with your library card. Visit our Download & Stream page for more info. Also visit our Databases page to access premium informational resources anytime, anywhere.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze, and throw used tissues in the trash.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after you have been in a public space, or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your face.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me directly.
Executive Director, Morton Grove Public Library