Occasionally I like to post this simple question on the Library's Facebook page:
What are you reading?
Sometimes it'll get a few replies, but often the titles will start streaming in. It's always a fascinating and diverse snapshot of what Morton Grovers are reading at the moment, whether they like the book or not.
I thought it would be fun to compile the list of titles from the recent post, along with the name of the commenter. You can browse the full list on our Recommendations page—just tap on each book to learn more and place a hold.
Want to share your own reading updates? Like us on Facebook and join the conversation!
What Morton Grove is reading right now:
- The Night Watchman by Louise Erdrich (Carmen)
- Perestroika in Paris by Jane Smiley (Theresa)
- The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Huge by Taylor Jenkins Reid (Melanie)
- The Last Thing He Told Me by Laura Dave (Janet)
- The Midnight Library by Matt Haig (Laima)
- Calamity by Brandon Sanderson (Brittany)
- Let Your Life Speak by Parker Palmer (Elizabeth)
- In My Father’s Country by Saima Wahab (Jennifer, who comments: "Saima was one of the very few Pashtu-speaking female interpreters working with the U.S. military In Afghanistan. A very timely read due to the current situation in Afghanistan.")
- Founding Mothers by Cokie Roberts (Asha)
- Laura says: "Rereading my preprint copy of Maid by Stephanie Land. She’s signing dedicated copies! The library has copies, read it before the series starts on Netflix Oct. 1!"
- Clark and Division by Naomi Hirahara (Clara)
- Crazy Rich Asians by Kevin Kwan (Kristy)
- Beautiful World, Where Are You by Sally Rooney (Sophia)
- The Book of V by Anna Solomon (Lorri)
- The Great Believers by Rebecca Makkai (Emily)
- Oona Out of Order by Margarita Montimore (Jessica)
- The Librarian of Auschwitz by Antonio Iturbe (Tanya)
Chad Comello is the Marketing & Engagement Manager at Morton Grove Public Library.