Read on for resources and library service updates related to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Effective August 2021
Masks are required while inside the Library for people age 2 and older, but optional for outdoor events.
For in-person events in the Activity Room, only registrants (and one parent/caregiver when applicable) will be allowed entry.
Events are subject to change based on Restore Illinois guidelines.
Latest Service Update
July 30, 2021
Everyone aged 2 and older entering the Library is required to wear a mask, regardless of vaccination status.
This is due to the rapid increase in COVID cases, movement of Cook County to the substantial rate of transmission category, and the highly contagious and potentially more dangerous nature of the Delta variant.
Thank you for your cooperation!
- Stimulus check calculator
- Illinois Helps Volunteer Management System (medical volunteers are badly needed)
- How to apply for unemployment benefits if you are out of work during Illinois’ COVID-19 shutdown
- Arts for Illinois Relief Fund provides financial relief to workers and organizations in the creative industries impacted by COVID-19
Food & Groceries
- Niles Township Food Pantry
- Greater Chicago Food Depository
- Food Connection - Illinois Department of Human Services
- United Way of Metro Chicago Neighborhood Resources
- Youth of MCC is providing grocery and medicine delivery services for seniors in Morton Grove and Skokie—call or text 708-859-1483 to apply (learn more)
- Morton Grove restaurants that are still open and offering takeout/delivery
- Village of Morton Grove
- Niles Township
- Maine Township
- Cook County
- State of Illinois
- All In Illinois is an initiative to get people to stay home to keep people safe
- Resources in different languages (Spanish, Chinese, Arabic, Polish, Urdu, Tagalog, and Hindi)
- Unemployment Benefits
- Economic Assistance
- Emergency Small Business Grants and Loans Assistance
Frequently Asked Questions
- World Health Organization
- Center for Disease Control
- Illinois Department of Health (COVID-19 in Illinois)
Disability Community Support
- Dealing with COVID-19 for Special Educators, Therapists, & Families
- Child Mind Institute Supporting Parents During COVID-19
- Coronavirus Daily Tip videos
- Chicagoland available childcare workers during COVID-19
- Plain Language Information on COVID-19
Activities & Entertainment