We will update this page with more information as the situation develops.
- You can now apply for a library card online! Visit MGPL.org/apply to get started.
- Though we don't have staff in the building to answer phone calls, you can now call our main number 847-965-4220 to leave a voicemail message. We will be checking voicemail regularly and will return your call as soon as possible. You can also reach us via the Chat With Us box at the bottom of the page or via email at email@example.com.
- Check our Events Calendar for programs we are offering online and over the phone, with more coming soon.
- As a result of Governor Pritzker's extension of Illinois' stay-at-home order, the following has changed:
- The Library building will remain closed until April 30
- All item due dates have been extended to June 1
- Hold pickup dates for items currently ready for pickup have been extended to May 11
- While the Library building is closed, we can still answer your questions online via the Chat With Us box at the bottom of the page or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Our digital branch is always open at MGPL.org/athome. Explore the many resources our staff have curated that you can access from home, with and without a library card.
- Based on CDC recommendations for canceling events of 10 or more people for the next eight weeks, we have made the decision to cancel all Library programming through May 31. This means that the scheduled April/May newsletter will not be mailed to Morton Grove households.
- Ancestry.com is now available from home for a limited time.
- If you would like to request a temporary card or renew your current one, please email Jeff Ray, Circulation Manager, at email@example.com. Temporary cards will give you access to library resources for 30 days.
- We have published blog posts featuring online resources you can access for free or with your library card:
- The outdoor Book Drop is now closed. Due dates for all items have been extended to May 1.
- Phone service is no longer available, but you can still email us.
Due to recommendations from federal and local health departments, effective 6 p.m. Friday, March 13, we are closing the library to the public. We are tentatively planning on reopening at the end of the month.
Things to know
- Library staff will continue answering questions via phone, email, and online chat (the Chat With Us at the bottom of all website pages).
- The outdoor book drop remains open. You are welcome to hold onto your items for the time being since we have automatic renewals and don’t have overdue fines.
- Our online resources are available anytime, anywhere. This includes:
- If you would like to access our online resources but don't have a library card, you can create a temporary card with 30-day access by calling the Check Out Desk at 847-929-5103.
- The Library's free Wi-Fi will remain on and accessible from outside the building if you need internet access.