We have several exhibit spaces that can be used by the Library, community members, and community groups for displaying artwork and collections.
- Responsibility for design, placement, installation, and dismantling of all display materials and signage rests with the exhibitor.
- Both installation and dismantling must conform to the exhibit dates approved in advance.
- Storage will not be provided for exhibit/display materials before or after the scheduled installation or dismantling.
Items on display in the Library will be given the same security as the Library collection and equipment. The glass display cases are locked, but irreplaceable items or items of great value should not be included in the exhibit.
Library staff evaluates exhibit proposals based on the following criteria:
- Relevance of subject matter to the Library’s mission, collections, and resources
- Historical and educational significance to the community
- Popular appeal to wide audiences and diverse community interests
- Professional treatment of exhibition content
- Quality of exhibition design, implementation, artistic merit, and originality
- Suitability to and availability of Library exhibition spaces
- Connection to other exhibitions or programs in the community
- Contains re-installed Walker Hanging System with about 40 linear feet of wall space for hanging framed art on two walls (see a 360 view of the space)
- Long metal hooks in six different lengths are hung from metal tracks along side walls, with adjustable cams positioned at the desired height for hanging of works
- Paintings, photographs, and other artwork should be framed with picture wire firmly positioned
- No adhesives, nails, or other hardware may be affixed to the walls or other surfaces
- Gallery lighting is mounted on both sides of the Baxter Room ceiling with canisters directed toward the walls for illumination of artwork
- Exhibitors may submit a biographical statement, which will be posted by the Library in an acrylic frame near the exhibit
- Used to display children’s collections
- Stand-alone display unit measuring 5.5 ft. tall and 3.5 ft. x 2.5 ft. on its sides
- Contains three glass shelves within allowing for additional tiered displays
To use this space, contact the Youth Services department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 847-929-9102.