Learn more about how to use the Library's Roku streaming devices. Questions? Contact the Info Desk at 847-965-4220 or email@example.com.
What is a Roku?
A Roku is a device that allows you to stream television, movies, and music from the internet to your HDTV.
Rokus from the Library include free access to paid streaming services like Netflix and Vudu, along with the library services Kanopy and Hoopla.
- Available for 3-week checkout
- Morton Grove cardholders only
- Overdue fine is $1 per day
Using the Roku
What you'll need
- HDTV or monitor with an HDMI input
- Power outlet
- Roku Express device
- Power adapter
- Power cable
- HDMI cable
Setting It Up
Print instructions are also included with each Roku. (PDF) (Video)
- Use the included HDMI cable to connect the Roku to your TV.
- Use the included USB power cable and power adapter to connect the Roku to a wall outlet.
- Place the device where you have a direct line of sight to the remote control
- Use your TV remote's Input button to select the correct HDMI input. You should see the Roku screen.
- Use the Roku remote to go to Settings > Network > Set up connection > Wireless. Choose your Wi-Fi network and enter the password.
Use the Home button on the Roku remote to go to the Home screen and access the following services:
Netflix: Click on the Netflix logo and select the Netflix profile number that corresponds with the number on the Roku case.
Vudu: Click on the Vudu logo and select MY VUDU to see the Library’s collection of free movies and TV shows. Under MY VUDU, select Movies or TV Shows. You can also watch free movies that contain ads by selecting Free under SPOTLIGHT.
Hoopla*: Click on the Hoopla logo. On the next screen follow directions to link to your hoopla account.
Kanopy*: Click on the Kanopy logo, then follow directions to link to your Kanopy account.
* To use these channels you will need to have set up a free account with your library card. Learn more.